Friday, August 17, 2012

DIY- Pillows!!



The countdown of when I move back into my dorm has begun. I am putting the finishing touches on the items for my room. I really wanted some more pillows for my room, but the finding the right color was extremely difficult. Not to mention the fact that pillows are overpriced. Looking for a cheaper alternative I recovered a pair of old pillows.






I found these yellow vinyl pillows in my grandmother's basement. I wiped them off to get most of the dirt off.


Bought this ruffle fabric from Hobby Lobby for $10. It was a little over a yard which turned out to be more than enough. 


I laid the pillows on the fabric cutting the fabric. Leave a little extra room on both sides to make sure you have enough room.


Flip the fabric on the opposite side and begin to sew the sides together. Do this for two sides.

**I am not a pro at sewing and only used simple/beginner stitches.**


Use push-pins to help keep the fabric in place while sewing

On the last side, flip the fabric to the correct side. Slide the pillow into the pocket and sew the last side shut. 



The pillows really look professional/store bought. I believe the ruffles helped disguised the sewing. Be mindful of the type of fabric you buy if you are not the best seamstress. Overall, I am happy with my pillows. They are the exact shade of blue I am looking for (The closest thing I can compare to the color is the Tiffany & Co. blue boxes) and only cost me $10. Can't beat it!

**Now what to do with the leftover fabric....***    ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment