Saturday, August 25, 2012

1 Year Natural Anniversary + New Protective Hairstyle

I don't remember my exact Big Chop date. However, I remember cutting my hair and leaving for school the next week. So I guess the third week in August is my Natural Hair Anniversary. For back to school I knew I would be getting braids so I blew my hair out and did a rough length check.
A couple of quick lengths. I am officially collarbone length.


I was definitely feeling myself
Look Ma! I made a ponytail!
Even made bun 


The next day I got my hair braided in Box Braids. The braids took about 7 1/2 hours and costed $130. I am only semi-happy with the results. While the braids look good overall you can tell where she took shortcuts. The size of the parts of braids in my hair are extremely large in the middle of my head and she rushed the dipping process of the ends of the braids. Today, I re-dipped the ends of my hair in boiling water.













Up close of Hairline


My goal is to try to keep these braids in until after midterms which is mid-October. 
Hopefully, I can make it that long.

1 comment: