Tuesday, August 7, 2012

DIY- Jewelry Board

I <3 Jewelry. 

I have so much jewelry that I wanted a cute and affordable way to store it. I noticed that if I cannot easily see or access my jewelry, clothing, shoes, purses...than I won't wear it. Last year, after browsing a couple of websites/youtube I decided to make a jewelry board. I am updating the color of my jewelry to match my new dorm room.

1) I picked up this cork board from Goodwill for a couple of dollars.



2) I found this really cool duct tape in Dollar Tree for only a dollar-of course.

3) Tape the border of the cork board.

4) This is actually an unnecessary step. I painted a Gloss Medium Varnish over the duct tape for a shiny look. I was also worried about the duct tape coming off since the tape is cheap. A substitute that can be used to further secure the duct tape is modge podge.


5) Use any scrapbook paper fo your choice. I used three sheets of glittery blue scrapbook paper.

6) Cut the paper laying it on the cork board.


7) Use push pins to secure the paper to the board. I opt for push pins instead of glue or painting the board in case you want to change the colors. The push pins also double as a hanger for your jewelry.







  8) Space the push pins around the board to display your jewelry!

This jewelry board is cute, functional, and cheap!



No comments:

Post a Comment