Sunday, August 5, 2012

Curl Event Recap

I never made it to the Natural Hair Expo last Saturday. I ended up going back to campus for the weekend. However, I did go to the Shea Moisture Event Friday night.

My opinion of Shea Moisture Event:
The event was all right. If I had actually paid for this event I wouldv'e been upset with the turnout. There was a decent amount of delicious food and the venue was nice. I think the event would have been better if there was more of mix and mingle atmosphere. I was more interested in the other ladies hair attending the event then I was about the presenters. Perhaps I could have gotten a couple of stylists information who colors and cuts natural hair.


Janell Stewart from (KinkyCurlyCoilyMe.com) was super sweet. However, I was less than impressed by celebrity stylist Diane Bailey. As broke college student, I take issue with a hair stylists who recommends going to the hair dresser for everything. She was doing a models hair while talking which was distracting in itself, but also impossible to see from the audience. I found the most informative part of the event was when a Shea Moisture representative (I believe she was a type of chemist) spoke. She broke down what separates Shea Moisture's all natural line versus other companies who are "organic", "natural", and "sulfate-free". Only further confirmed my high opinion of Shea Moisture.


They sent everyone home with goodie bags. I got a sample size of their curl enhancing smoothie and their Organic Coconut & Hibiscus Curl and Shine Shampoo. I think on my next trip to Target, I will finally break down and buy another bottle of Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Conditioning Milk. I am still unable to find an item to replace it.


      **Still remains on my favorite item list.***

No comments:

Post a Comment