Monday, August 6, 2012

A Slight Trim




After the sad condition my hair was in, I decided to show it some TLC. I used Jamilla henna, deep conditioned my hair, twisted with Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie, and sealed with shea butter.I will do another post in the future on the benefits of henna and my steps. As I twisted my hair I trimmed a little off the ends of each twists. Some people also call this "dusting your ends". I find this is the easiest way for me to trim my hair myself. I personally like trimming my hair because I can control how much hair is being cut off. Also, I am a firm believer that when properly taking care of the hair the less often you need a trim.

My hair was so tangled from the wash-n-go that detangling was a nightmare. Like I wrote in a previous post I will probably never do a wash-n-go because of the amount of hair that I lost. Detangling was so bad that I actually had to dig out my comb.


My improvised hairstyle
Between washing, the henna, deep conditioning, rinsing, detangling, twisting, and sealing it took me forever to finish my hair. I ended up going to bed in the wee' hours of the morning, waking up early twisting my hair some more and still wasn't finished. Quickly, I improvised creating a puff with the untwisted hair in the front and went to my internship.


The next day I went through each twist trimming the scraggly ends off the twist. Trimming my hair by "dusting" allows me to control how much hair is cut off, is a method that i can do independently especially during the school year, and is free!


Here is a really good detail step of the process by one of my favorite youtubers- MrsVCharles.


Instead of just stretching the hair like MrsVCharles, I prefer to twist it then trim.

No comments:

Post a Comment