Thursday, June 21, 2012

Texture Shots

What is my hair texture? How would I describe it? My hair is super thick and coily. I don't agree with hair typing systems, but if I had to choose I would say I am a "4ish".


My curls with Henna


The closest thing I can compare the size of my coils to are the springs in an ink pen. At different places of my head my coils are either tighter, looser, or completely undefined. The back portion of my hair is defined making perfect tiny spirals. The crown of my head is slightly looser and is always frizzy compared to the rest of my head. The very front of my head lacks any defined curly pattern and is the slowest part of my hair to grow.




The very front of my hair


                 
Pictures of my hair with no product.   


The different textures and lengths creates challenges when styling, but I finally learned how to create consistent hairstyles. My secret weapon--twist outs!


2 comments:

  1. See you need to come play with my hair a bit! I'm still trying to "master" natural hair even though I've been natural OVER A YEAR!

    ReplyDelete