Tuesday, June 26, 2012

DIY: Cut-off Shorts

Before
While helping my grandmother clean out her closet I came across a pair of really cool, high-waisted pants. Not only did they fit perfectly, but the corduroy texture was so unique. Taking a quick break from helping, I quickly snatched these out of the donation bag for my new DIY project idea.


Look at that pattern!
This DIY is super easy and does not require a lot of skill or supplies.
You simple need 1) a pair of scissors 2) a marker and 3) a pair of old high waisted pants.


1) Turn the pants inside out trying them on.
2) Using the marker, mark where to cut the pants to determine the length of the shorts.
**Tip: It's easier to cut later then it is to add fabric.**

I changed my mind three times about the length of shorts, hence the three lines.



3) Fold the pants in half and cut across in a straight line.



**Tip: Cutting both legs at the same time ensures that both legs will be an even length.**

4) Roll the edges of the shorts once or twice to create a hem.
5) Iron the hem lightly for a crisp line...





After


And your finished! A new pair of high-waisted shorts without any sewing and for free. Since my shorts are made out of corduroy (which is not a typical summer material) I will probably save them for the fall/winter. Perhaps, rock them with a pair of tights and some booties like in the picture below.



Source

3 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!! I have been searching for the high waited pants/short all over

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Now you can make your own for cheaper.

    ReplyDelete