Monday, July 23, 2012

DIY- French Nail Tip

One of my biggest pet peeves are my nails. I will pick at them all day and nibble them to stubs. To keep myself from biting my nails I attempt to keep them "done". If I take the time and energy out of my day to do my nails I will not bite or pick at them allowing them to finally grow. French manicures are my favorite way to get my nails painted. However, I refuse to pay someone for a french manicure and it won't last. After much trial and error I have finally found the perfect combination of nail polish that is cheap and durable.


My favorite nail polish to use for a French Tip is only $1. It is the L.A. Art Deco nail polish that can be found at Dollar Tree/Family Dollar/Dollar General. It super cheap and doesn't chip as quickly as its name brand counterparts that I have tried.  The best thing about this nail polish is its super pointed/narrow brush.  In the past, I have tried tracers, stickers, and pencils. I found all these items time consuming and unnecessary. I would rather just free the french tip with this narrow brush. The more I practiced, the better I became.



After painting the french tip I always finish with a shiny top coat. Currently, I am using the Sally Hansen Complete Manicure. This was a gift from my little sister for Christmas. It is a good topcoat, but I probably won't be repurchasing the kit.



 I never worry about getting the nail polish on the skin around my fingers. Once it completely dries and you go about your everyday activities the nail polish will peel off in a couple of hours.



$1 French Manicure!

No comments:

Post a Comment