Sunday, July 15, 2012

3 Tips to Combat Hair + Water

Me and the other intern, Bryan, in the office






One benefit of being natural was that I no longer have to run from the water in fear of messing up my hair. However, I still want my hair to look presentable after it's dried and shrunken. Between the downpour rain I got caught in waiting to see the President and trips to the beach/river I now know how to prepare for the water.





Rain- Go Away!



1) Prepare your hair beforehand--- whether you wear your hair in twist to the beach or a twist out you need to prepare your hair. Because, I don't get into the water to swim laps, my entire head never gets wet resulting in unequal shrinkage. Best way to stop this is to where the hair pulled back. Whether that is in a puff, bun, high puff, etc.

2) Have hairpins and long scrunchies ready to improvise as the day goes on and your hair dries.

3) Be mindful of what you use to moisturize your hair the morning of. You don't want oils and heavy creams mixing with the rainwater and dripping into your eyes. No bueno!

                              

**Originally, my puff were twists that I pinned into a pompadour. After the rain the twists were sticking out everywhere. So I took them a loose, repined them with my one hairpin (I don't know why I had only had one hair pin), and readjusted the scrunchy around my hair pulling it back farther. Now I have a new, finish, presentable hair style.**

No comments:

Post a Comment